This document is updated often. Please make a habit of reviewing it from time to time in order to stay up-to-date of acceptable as well as inappropriate uses of your AtomicPages Services account. Please report all violations of this policy to immediately.
AtomicPages strictly enforces compliance with its Acceptable use Policy. You hereby agree to maintain your website in full compliance with the terms set forth below.
AtomicPages customers are strictly prohibited from transmitting on or through any of AtomicPages’s services, any material that is, in AtomicPages’s sole discretion, unlawful, obscene, threatening, abusive, defamatory, libelous, or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, federal or international law.
You agree not to take any action which threatens, encourages or causes any harm to minors of any kind of to perform any activity which is likely to cause such harm or which assists any other person or group in doing so.
In general, you may NOT use your AtomicPages account:
- In a manner which violates any law, regulation, treaty or tariff.
- In a manner which violates the rules, regulations and policies of any network, server, web site, database or provider that you access through your AtomicPages account.
- In a manner which is defamatory, fraudulent, indecent, offensive or deceptive.
- To threaten, harass, abuse or intimidate others.
- To damage the name or reputation of AtomicPages and its affiliates.
- To break security on any computer network, or to access an account which does not belong to you.
- In a manner which interferes with other customers’ use and enjoyment of the services provided by AtomicPages.
AtomicPages’s services may only be used for lawful purposes. Transmission, distribution, or storage of any information, data or material in violation of the United States, state regulation or law, or by the common law is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, service mark, or any other statute. AtomicPages reserves the right to remove such illegal material from its servers or to immediately terminate your service without your prior consent or knowledge. The customer is responsible for keeping his/her billing data with AtomicPages up-to-date and accurate. Supplying AtomicPages with false data on any contract or application, including fraudulent use of credit card numbers, is grounds for immediate termination, and may subject the offenders to civil or criminal liability. AtomicPages reserves sole discretion to determine whether any use of the service is a violation of this policy. This information is only a guideline and is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Most AtomicPages accounts give you the ability to send and receive email. Misuse of email may result in termination of service. The following examples are non-exclusive and are provided for your guidance.
- You may not use your account to send unsolicited bulk or commercial messages ("spam"). This includes, but is not limited to, bulk mailing or commercial advertising, informational announcements, charity requests, petitions for signatures, and political or religious tracts. Such messages may only be sent to those who have explicitly requested it.
- You may not use your account to collect responses from unsolicited bulk or commercial email sent from accounts with other providers.
- Forging, altering or removing email header is prohibited.
- You may not send numerous copies of the same or substantially similar message, nor may you send very large messages or files to a recipient, with the intent to disrupt a server or account ("mail bombing").
- You may not use email to harass or intimidate others. Harassment, whether through language, frequency of messages, or size of messages, is strictly prohibited. Sending a single unwelcome message may be considered harassment. If a recipient asks to stop receiving email, you must not send that person any further messages.
- You may not forward or otherwise propagate chain letters, whether or not such messages solicit money or other items of value, and whether or not the recipient wishes to receive such mailings.
- AtomicPages accounts may not be used to collect replies to messages sent from another internet service provider if those messages violate this Acceptable Use Policy or the acceptable use policy of the other service provider.
- If you use the services of another provider to promote a web site hosted by or through AtomicPages, the provisions of this Acceptable Use Policy SHALL APPLY to the methods used to promote such site.
AtomicPages provides storage space and access for web sites through its Web Hosting Services. AtomicPages will not routinely monitor the contents of your web sites. You are solely responsible for any information contained on your web site. However, if complaints are received regarding language, content or graphics contained on your web site, AtomicPages may, and its sole discretion, remove the web site hosted on AtomicPages servers and terminate your Web Hosting Service without your consent. You agree to promptly reimburse AtomicPages for any reasonable expenses it incurs (including attorney’s fees) in defending itself from third part claims relating to any of the content (whether created by you, your customers, or your users) contained on your web site. You may not use your web site to publish material which AtomicPages determines, at its sole discretion, to be unlawful, indecent or objectionable. For purposes for this policy, "material" refers to all forms of communications including narrative description, graphics (including photographs, illustrations, images, drawings, and logos), executable programs, video recordings, and audio recordings. Unlawful content is that which violates any law, statute treaty, regulation, or lawful order. This includes, but is not limited to, obscene material; defamatory, fraudulent or deceptive statements; threatening, intimidating or harassing statements, or material which violates the privacy rights or property rights of others (copyrights or trademarks, for example). Objectionable content is otherwise legal content with which AtomicPages concludes, in its sole discretion, it does not want to be associated in order to protect its reputation and brand image, or to protect its employees and affiliates.
Examples of prohibited web site content:
- Materials which hold AtomicPages, including its affiliates or employees, up to public scorn or ridicule.
- Materials which encourage the commission of a crime or which tends to incite violence; or which tends to degrade any person or group based on sex, nationality, religion, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or political affiliation.
You are responsible for any misuse of your account, even if the inappropriate activity was committed by a friend, family member, guest or employee. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not gain access to your account. In addition, you may not use your account to breach security of another account or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another network or server.
- You must adopt adequate security measures to prevent or minimize unauthorized use of your account.
- You may not attempt to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network or account ("cracking"). This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for you, logging into or making use of a server or account you are not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of other networks. Use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security is prohibited. Examples of these tools include, but are not limited to, password guessing programs, cracking tools or network probing tools.
- You may not attempt to interfere with service to any user, host, or network ("denial of service attacks"). This includes, but is not limited to; "flooding" of networks, deliberate attempts to overload a service, and attempts to "crash" a host.
- Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability. AtomicPages will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected criminal violations.
You are responsible for ensuring that the services obtained from AtomicPages are used in an appropriate manner by your customers and users. Therefore, you must take steps to manage the use of the services obtained from AtomicPages in such a way that network abuse is minimized. You must also make information publicly available about how to contact you, and you must respond in a timely manner to complaints concerning misuse of the services obtained from AtomicPages. Failure to responsibly manage the use of the services obtained from AtomicPages may be cause for termination of services to you.
- You must designate one or more individuals ("Contacts") to be responsible for every host, IP network or subnet connected to the Internet through the use of the services. You must provide Contact names, phone numbers, and postal and e-mail addresses ("Contact Information") to any and all appropriate Domain Name Registrars prior to the initial network connection of your service. You must keep Contact Information updated and accurate at all times. Changes in the Contact Information must be sent to the appropriate Domain Name Registrars in a timely manner.
- Contacts must have the authority, access to the tools necessary to configure, operate and control access to your systems. For important timesharing hosts, primary domain name servers and mail relays or gateways, Contacts must be accessible to AtomicPages via telephone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Every customer who allows third party access to the services provided by AtomicPages, whether such third parties are employees, users or customers, must maintain a postmaster address for the receipt of complaints by e-mail. Messages delivered to the postmaster address must be reviewed and handled in a timely manner.
AtomicPages accounts operate on shared resources. Excessive use or abuse of these shared network resources by one customer may have a negative impact on all other customers. Misuse of network resources in a manner which impairs network performance is prohibited by this policy and may result in termination of your account.
- You are prohibited from excessive consumption of resources, including CPU time, memory, disk space and session time. You may not use resource-intensive programs which negatively impact other customers or the performance of AtomicPages systems or networks. AtomicPages reserves the right to terminate or limit such activities.
Any activity on our network that is a violation of any state or federal law is a violation of this policy and will result in immediate termination of service. Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to:
- Transmitting obscene materials or child pornography.
- Intentionally spreading or threatening to spread computer viruses.
- Gaining or attempting to gain unauthorized access to any network, including AtomicPages's private network infrastructure.
- Accessing or attempting to access information not intended for you.
- Transmitting pirated software.
- Conducting or participating in illegal gambling.
- Soliciting for pyramid and other illegal schemes.
AtomicPages does not permit any site that contains:
- images (including on banner ads) of nude models that appear to be under the age of 18 (in AtomicPages's sole judgment),
- sexually explicit images (including on banner ads) of models that appear to be under the age of 18 (in AtomicPages's sole judgment); or
- Sites containing language promoting child pornography together with any sexually explicit or nude images. As required by federal law in the United States, AtomicPages will forward all offenders of this policy to the appropriate federal agency.
AtomicPages has a policy to respect and protect the privacy of its customers and their information that is stored with AtomicPages. AtomicPages will only access and disclose information as necessary to comply with applicable laws and government requests, to provide the AtomicPages Services, to operate or maintain its systems or to protect itself or its customers. AtomicPages reserves the right to add, delete, or modify any provision of its Terms of Service and Acceptable Usage Policy at any time without notice.