Flash Animation/Effects Tutorial 1: Motion Tweens
Flash can create two types of tweened animation using timeline:
- Motion Tween
- Shape Tween
Creation of Motion/Shape tween using timeline is the basics of Flash.
Motion tween is nothing but tweening a Symbol's movement from one position to another.
To implement Motion Tween all that you have to do is, provide Flash with Symbol's initial position and the end position. Rest is taken care by Flash. Isn't it really simple.
For example in this demonstration, I have converted the pencil object to a Symbol. Provided Flash with its initial and the end position, intermediate tweening is done by Flash. Motion Tween animation is as simple as that \:$$
Okay, you ready to learn how to create motion tween. All you have to do is just follow this tutorial step by step.
- You need to have Flash Player 7.0 or higher installed to view the Flash animation.
- Flash MX 2004 or higher must be installed in your system to download the .fla file.
Steps to follow:
- Open a new flash file (Ctrl+N).
- New Document window will appear
- Select General panel and choose Type: Flash Document . Press OK.
- If your timeline window is not open, press (Ctrl+Alt+T).
- Now you can see a single Layer called "Layer1" in your timeline Window.
- Select the first frame. Import your image onto stage, upon which you would want to implement motion tween. File>Import>Import to Stage, or just press (Ctrl+R) or you can even draw your own object, you can either choose Rectangular tool or Oval tool from the tool box and draw your desired shape.
- Now select your object on the stage and press F8 to convert this image to a Symbol. Convert to Symbol window will pop-up.
- Name your Symbol what ever you like.
- Select Graphic behavior and press OK.
- Right now your Symbol is in frame1 of Layer1. Select frame 20 and press F6 to insert a new keyframe.
- Still keeping playhead on frame 20, move your Symbol to any other position other than the present one.
- Select any frame between, 2 to 19 and select Motion from the tween pop-up menu in the Property inspector. Now your Layer will look something like the one shown below.
- Now press (Ctrl+Enter) to view your motion tween.
Note: You can create motion tween only on symbols. So any object upon which you would want to implement motion tween, First convert the object to a Symbol.